Posted By kdub on February 28, 2017
PROTECT YOUR PROPERTY NOW
RESIDENTS REQUIRED MAINTENANCE
There are many elements in your home that require continued maintenance that are the responsibility of the unit owner to maintain. Please review the following maintenance tips to assist with repairs to some of these elements in your home:
HEAT PUMP (A/C and HEATING UNIT) REQUIRED MAINTENANCE:
- You may have 1 to 3 units depending on your plan. Every home has at least two.
- Never block the grates to allow proper air circulation.
- The filters MUST be changed every 3 months or sooner regardless if you run your system.
- The HVAC water sensor inside detects proper drainage; if it fails the Unit will Flood the Drain Pan and Down to your Neighbor’s Unit.
- Schedule your Service NOW for the Summer Season to make sure your system is operational.
EXTERNAL DRYER CLEAN OUT & VENT:
Clean the vent of lint every two weeks. The vent is located above the dryer. Blockage in your ducts may result in improper moisture evaporation, which can cause flooding. If you use Dryer Sheets in the dryer, remove the lint screen and clean thoroughly with hot soapy water and an old toothbrush for more efficient drying.
DRYER BOOSTER SWITCH:
Make sure to use your booster switch every time you use your dryer. Run it 30 minutes prior to use and continue until 30 minutes after drying your clothes. The switch moves moisture through your ducts. If you do not have a booster switch then you have an automatic relay switch inside the wall. Make sure you can hear it turn on while using your dryer. Do not use your dryer if your booster switch or automatic relay switch is not working.