January 1, 2018
Re: Marquee Park Place Homeowners Association – 2018 Annual Budget Assessment Increase
Dear Marquee Park Place Homeowner(s):
With the fiscal year end of your Association approaching, your Board of Directors has undertaken a thorough review of the 2018 operating budget with the goal of providing for efficient operations and for funding adequate reserves to meet long-term requirements. As a result of this review the Board of Directors has determined that they are able to continue to maintain the quality of service within the Association and continue to fund reserves for future replacements with a modest decrease in assessments.
Therefore, effective January 1, 2018, your assessments will decrease an overall average of .17% as follows:
Please take this opportunity to note the dues change January 1, 2018 for your personal accounting and if you have the payment drawn from your bank, advise them of the change. If you are set up for automatic debit through Action Property Management, you will not need to make any changes; your new assessment amount will continue to be automatically debited.
The Board of Directors
Marquee Park Place Homeowners Association
Marquee Park Place Community
Holiday Gala Event
Saturday—December 2, 2017
6:00 pm to 8:30 pm
First Floor Lobby
Holiday Buffet— Santa Claus—Jazz Quartet—Magic
Cocktail Hour Begins at 6:00 pm
Food served promptly at 6:30 pm
Party Goes to 8:30 pm
Please RSVP at front desk by November 28, 2017
This event is for the Residents of Marquee Park Place in good standing only.
Please no extended family or friends.
IMPORTANT ANNUAL NOTICE RESIDENT IN UNIT REQUIRED MAINTENANCE 2017
There are many elements in your home that require continued maintenance that are the responsibility of the unit owner to maintain. Please review the following maintenance tips to assist with repairs to some of these elements in your home:
EXTERNAL DRYER CLEAN OUT & VENT:
Clean the vent of lint every two weeks. The vent is located above the dryer. Blockage in your ducts may result in improper moisture evaporation, which can cause flooding. If you use Dryer Sheets in the dryer, remove the lint screen and clean thoroughly with hot soapy water and an old toothbrush for more efficient drying.
DRYER BOOSTER SWITCH – CONDENSATION:
Make sure to use your booster switch every time you use your dryer. Run it 30 minutes prior to use and continue until 30 minutes after drying your clothes. The switch moves moisture through your ducts. If you do not have a booster switch then you have an automatic relay switch inside the wall. Make sure you can hear it turn on while using your dryer. Do not use your dryer if your booster switch or automatic relay switch is not working.
WASHER/DRYER CLOSET MOISTURE SENSOR:
The moisture sensor must always be turned on! If the alarm sounds it is notifying you of moisture somewhere in your unit, which needs to be addressed right away, as it is most likely being caused by an issue with the aforementioned components.
Make sure to check that the green light is always on. Batteries should be changed at least twice a year.
Check to see if your toilet flushes properly, that the rubber flange drops over the filler inside the toilet tank and that you know how to turn off the water to the toilet tank in case of an emergency and flooding. Replace the plastic toilet supply hose line now!
HEAT PUMP (A/C and HEATING UNIT)
- You may have 1 to 3 units depending on your plan. Every home has at least two.
- Never block the grates to allow proper air circulation.
- The filters MUST be changed every 3 months or sooner regardless if you run your system.
- The HVAC water sensor inside detects proper drainage; if it fails the Unit will Flood the Drain Pan and Down to your Neighbor’s Unit.
- Schedule your Service NOW to make sure your system is operational.
PEX PLUMBING PRODUCT FAILURE – UPONOR:
If there is a product defect with the PEX plumbing system in your unit and you get a leak, as the owner you are responsible for repair and damages. Good news, it may be covered by warranty. (Important Note: Uponor will not come out to restore the unit or repair the plumbing. The warranty is not a substitute to filing an insurance claim with your carrier). See Front Desk for warranty documents.
TO: All Members, Marquee Park Place Homeowners Association
FROM: The Board of Directors, Marquee Park Place HOA
RE: Notice of Approved Marquee Park Place Mandatory Insurance Obligation Policy September 21, 2017.
A thirty (30) day notice of a proposed Marquee Park Place policy revision was recently mailed to the membership for review and comment. The Board of Directors reviewed and considered your comments during the Board meeting held on September 21, 2017. After careful review and consideration, the proposed policy revision(s) were adopted as follows:
Pursuant to Section 12.3 of the Association’s CC&Rs, each owner is required to maintain insurance for their units. Specifically, the following insurance must be obtained/maintained by the owner(s) of each Association Unit: (If you do not, you are in breach of the Association’s Governing Documents.)
- Property insurance, insuring against losses to personal property located within the owner’s residential Unit and to all upgrades and Improvements located within that residential Unit; Property Insurance – $100,000 minimum; Personal Property Insurance – $50,000 minimum;
- Liability insurance against liability resulting from injury or damage occurring within the owner’s residential Unit. $1,000,000 minimum.
All insurance policies obtained and maintained must contain a waiver of subrogation rights by the insurer as to the Association. If you have any further questions, please contact the Management office at (949) 250-5785.
The September 2017 Newsletter for Marquee Park Place is now posted on the website and displayed in the lobby, please pick one up. It’s also included in vivoportal.com for your reading enjoyment. We have several updates on this months newsletter that include the following:
What’s for Sale or Lease at Marquee Park Place
Introducing New Front Desk Associates and more…
PROPOSED INSURANCE POLICY REVISION
MARQUEE PARK PLACE HOA
Pursuant to Civil Code §4360, the Board of Directors will be considering the proposed operating rule changes at the Board of Directors meeting to be held at the 3141 Michelson Dr., Irvine, CA 4th Floor East Tower Lounge on September 21, 2017 at 6:30 pm. If you wish to share your opinion regarding the proposed administrative rule revisions, please send your written comments to management’s office so it can be delivered to the Board prior to the Board Meeting.
The text of the original policy and proposed revision is as follows:
Current Provisions to Insurance Policy and Operating Rule. Further, pursuant to this Policy, the above-referenced liability coverage must be in a reasonable amount, but in no circumstance in an amount less than One Million Dollars ($1,000,000.00).”
Proposed Revisions in Italics to Insurance Policy and Operating Rule. Further, pursuant to this Policy, the above-referenced property coverage must be in a reasonable amount, but in no circumstance in an amount less than One Hundred Thousand Dollars ($100,000). Personal property coverage must be in a reasonable amount, but in no circumstance in an amount less than Fifty Thousand Dollars ($50,000). The liability coverage must be in a reasonable amount, but in no circumstance in an amount less than One Million Dollars ($1,000,000.00). remains in effect.
The Board will be renewing the Association insurance policy effective October 1, 2017. Due to the increase in water losses incurred by high rise properties, there has been a substantial water loss deductible increase from $10,000 a water loss up to $50,000 deductible. This is a direct result of too many water losses in high rises and homeowners not carrying insurance or enough insurance on their own units If Marquee proves that they can make sure that the residents properly cover and protect their own home at the amounts quoted above, there will be a consideration of dropping the deductible in a year’s time.
ALLIED UNIVERSAL FOR MARQUEE PARK PLACE
TOWING ENFORCEMENT POLICY
NON COMPLYING VEHICLES PARKED ON
VISITOR LEVEL WILL BE TOWED!
Allied Universal will be towing all vehicles found in non compliance parked on the Visitor Level of Marquee Park Place.
Any resident vehicle found parked on the Lobby Visitor Level will be towed immediately without warning and at owner’s expense. Any guest vehicle found without a current Guest Pass parked on the Lobby Visitor Level will be towed immediately. Any unidentifiable vehicle found parked on the Lobby Visitor Level will be towed immediately.
Each unit is deeded two parking stalls. All resident’s vehicles are to be parked in their assigned parking stall only. Vehicles found parked in other owners stalls are subject to immediate tow by the owner, without warning!
The front desk is not authorized to give a guest pass for a resident’s vehicle.
Any resident with more than two vehicles will be required to find other parking for their vehicle (s). At no time is a resident allowed to park or store their extra vehicles on the Lobby Visitor Level. Note: The Association does not have extra parking spaces to rent.
With the beautiful weather here, please be reminded of your pool and spa rules as follows:
- Pool and Spa hours are 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily and NO LIFEGUARD IS ON DUTY so anyone using the recreational facilities shall do so at their own risk, responsibility and liability.
- Residents must accompany their guests at all times when using the recreational facilities.
- Elderly persons, pregnant women, infants, and those with health conditions requiring medical care should consult with a physician before entering the spa. Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older.
- All incontinent persons (whether infants, toddlers, children or adults) must wear a diaper, plastic pants, and a swim suit while using the pool or spa and appropriate bathing attire must be worn by everyone.
- Surfboards, boogie boards, beach balls, floating or inflatable devices are not permitted in the pool or spa. No tennis balls, baseballs, footballs, basketballs, Frisbees, cans, foreign objects, foreign substances (bubble bath, soap, beverages, etc.) non-floating objects (such as rocks, marbles, coins and the like) or pool furniture are to be thrown into or around the pool or spa. Wheeled toys or vehicles including skateboards, roller blades, roller skates or bicycles are not allowed in the pool or spa area.
- For safety reasons, no glass or sharp objects are allowed in the pool or spa
- Diving, running, pushing or boisterous activity is not permitted in any areas of the pool or spa.
- Cellular phones, radios, cassette, CD or MP3 players must be battery operated and headsets must be worn. The noise level must be kept to your personal area only so as not to disturb others.
- If a resident has eight (8) or more guests using area, they must schedule such event with the concierge, as individuals or groups must not occupy the pool or spa to the effective exclusion of others.
- It is recommended that individuals not use the pool alone. The “buddy” system is recommended for all swimmers at all times.
- Persons with open cuts, wounds, rashes, a skin disease, sore or inflamed eyes, nasal or ear discharge or any communicable disease may not use the pool or spa.
- Intoxicated persons are prohibited from using or being in close proximity to the pool or spa.
#2 CAUSE OF WATER LOSSES & UNIT DAMAGE
SINKS, DISHWASHER, WASHING MACHINES & TOILET
SUPPLY LINES & ANGLE STOPS
CHANGE ALL SINKS, DISHWASHER, WASHING MACHINE AND TOILET SUPPLY LINES AND ANGLE STOPS NOW. THESE HOSES ARE GOOD FOR 5 YEARS ONLY AND YOUR BUILDING IS NOW 12 YEARS OLD.
OWNERS ARE RESPONSIBLE TO MAINTAIN, REPAIR AND REPLACE ALL FIXTURES IN YOUR UNITS.
WE ENCOURAGE YOU ALL TO CONTACT YOUR PLUMBER TO REPLACE THESE SUPPLY LINES AND WITH NEW ANGLE STOPS NOW!
CONTACT THE FRONT DESK FOR A LIST OF PLUMBERS!
« Newer EntriesOlder Entries »
The Marquee Park Place Board of Directors Agenda for July 12, 2017 is now posted on this website, vivoportal.com, the elevators East Tower and West Tower and the Marquee mail room. The executive session starts at 5:30 pm, meeting is closed to members and the regular session starts promptly at 6:30 pm, members only are invited to attend the meeting. Location of the meetings: East Tower, 4th Floor Lounge. Thank you.